About the job
As the first Product Marketing Manager at Operix, you will develop, deploy, measure the impact of, and iterate upon Operix’s core strategic product positioning and messaging. In this role you’ll master Operix’s messaging — including the research, concepts, and strategy that underpin it — and partner with departments across the business to ensure that the right message is delivered to the right audience at the right time. The role is inherently cross-functional, sitting at the intersection of Sales, Product, and Marketing.
- Become the expert on our customers’ needs and desires and relay that back to the sales, marketing, and product team on a continual basis.
- Become an expert in and steward of Operix core strategic messaging and positioning, and a trusted voice on messaging questions across the business.
- Partner with Sales to develop and launch world-class content (sales presentations, product videos, thought leadership, emails, webinars, etc.) that solves different customer needs at different stages of the buying journey.
- Work closely with the marketing team, and other teams to develop contextual messaging and content for campaigns, company communications, and events.
- Continually educate our partners on our product, value, messaging, etc.
- Be a key stakeholder in our product launches and help standardize messaging across the entire campaign.
- Conduct in-depth research and analysis on the evolving market conditions and competitive landscape, and deliver actionable analysis and insights to our Sales, Product, and Professional Services leaders.
- Ensure that new hires are effectively trained and up to date on the latest messaging and sales enablement tools.
- At least 5-7 years of product marketing experience.
- Track record of driving a measurable result and impact on the sales pipeline.
- Has experience being a product marketing team of 1 (bonus)
What Will Make You Successful:
- Self-starter with rigorous prioritization and organization- Will own the entire product marketing practice and get buy-in from team members.
- Strong analytical mind - Makes decisions based on data – not gut.
- Grit: Persistent, scrappy, finds a way to win through adversity.
- Team first mentality and over communicates cross-functionally- They have an ability to get close to the sales and product team and their needs/goals.
- Insatiable hunger - Wants to grow, learn, and is a coachable team player.
- Strong understanding of product marketing platforms and reporting systems – competitive research.
- Persona Mindset - Constantly thinks about personas and how what they’re doing is tied to specific customer needs and preferences.
- Excellent Teacher – can train, coach, and mentor teammates